Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Your Next Stamp - April DT Dare



Hello, hello!


The DT Dare this month was to be inspired by books - either a book you've read, a book cover, or just plain books in general.  Well... my daughter is a librarian, and one of the things I love to do is stamp a set of simple bookmarks and let her take them to the library for patrons to pick up when they check out book, so, of course, I made some bookmarks to share!!


These are so easy and so fun to make!!

First I cut out my bookmarks using the second largest die from the Your Next Stamp Bookmark/Tag Large Die Set.  I looked at many, many companies' bookmark dies before I purchased these a few years ago, but I liked this set best.  First, because of the shape of the top of the bookmarks,  and, second, because there are so many sizes to choose from.  I can not only use it for stand-alone bookmarks, but I can use it for gift tags or tags on my cards as well.  LOVE.

After I die cut the bookmarks, I stamped out the cute little chicks from the new Coffee Chick set and colored them with watercolor pencils and a blender pen.  The little humming bird from the Sweet Hummingbird set found a home on one of the flowers, too.

When my images were all colored I used a set of three punches that I have had forever to make my little focal images.  You could, of course, use dies for that step.  Stitched circle dies would be adorable!  Then I started to put together my bookmarks.  I used little strips of cardstock or patterned paper to decorate them, along with white embossed words and gel pen accents.  The words are from the sets Coffee Chick, Phoebe with her Wagon, and Happy Dance.  I think my favorite is the one that says, "Pick Me!"  I try to make one with that saying in every set of bookmarks... and often it goes first!! :)

To finish off my set of bookmarks I threaded a 6" piece of ribbon through the top opening and tied it off with a piece of twine for some extra color and fun.

I hope you've been inspired, today!

Blessings!

Tricia



3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Holy Moly this are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute Tricia. Love them! What a great thing to do, sending them with your daughter to give away to patrons.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

These bookmarks are wonderful!

Teresa Doyle said...

These are absolutely precious Bookmarks Tricia, a fantastic job on them!