Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Be Comforted

One of my least favorite types of cards to make are sympathy cards.  It is so hard to know what to say, isn't it?  But I need one this week, so I pulled out the beautiful Blessings / Beatitudes I set by The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and a gorgeous silhouette stamp by Gina K Designs and followed the inspiration of a couple of challenges that are in my feed... Paper Players - CAS Watercolor and Sunday Stamps - using a number of the colors provided.  There is no greater comfort I can give on a sympathy card than to point someone to Scripture and to encourage them to find comfort in God's word.  After my mom's death and my husband's brain surgery I can attest to the fact that God's comfort far surpasses any that another person can give.  It truly is able to touch the heart.


I sponged my watercolor paper with Tomato Soup, Peach Bellini and Sweet Corn inks from Gina K Designs after I cut it out with my favorite stitched rectangle die from Your Next Stamp.  I embossed the flowers into the corner while the paper was still in the die and dripped some water on the inked area for some dimension.  The sentiment is stamped in Tomato Soup ink, and I added a few sequins and stars to go along with the ethereal look.




I'm also going to tuck this in at Word Art Wednesday in their Anything Goes challenge.

Be comforted!




10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Tricia this would indeed make a lovely sympathy card with such a heartfelt sentiment and serene watercoloured sunset. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Heidi Baks said...

This is just beautiful! I don't think I've tried sponging on watercolor paper - I'll have to. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Annette Elliott said...

What a lovely sunset you have created for this beautiful sympathy card! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, what a beautiful and comforting card. I so agree with you that Scripture is the most comforting way to encourage those who have lost someone or, like you, have endured a hard time like when your DH had brain surgery. I love the beautiful colors you've sponged and the silhouette! Beautifully done! Hugs!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! Your watercolored background is a perfect foil for this comforting verse! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Jo Ann said...

Wow, this is so pretty! We are so blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We have a new Challenge going on and we hope you can link with us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God’s Word in Jeremiah 32:17 which says, “‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.”

God bless,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Claire Broadwater said...

Tricia, this is so beautiful! The sentiment is so touching! I too understand the comfort we receive from God's word. The recipient will cherish this lovely card. SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Katie Ann Brooks said...

lovely and comforting! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa said...

Very pretty card.

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

Leena Girsa said...

Such a lovely card and yes, I would agree that there is no greater comfort than the word of God. Thank you for sharing this beautiful project with us at Sunday Stamps this week.