Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Tulips for a Friend


Look what my sweet friend, Stacy, sent me yesterday!  I had been wishing for this Tulips for Friends set by Flourishes for years, but it was discontinued and the company was closed and I couldn't find it anywhere.  I was SO excited when Stacy said that she had the set and would stamp me a few images and send them out to me.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope yesterday
and the whole set fell out!  To say I was thrilled was an understatement!  I wanted to ink it right up, so I stamped it on watercolor paper and used my distress markers to watercolor it.  I added a wrinkled ribbon bow and a Poppy Poppy sentiment stamped on a Your Next Stamp Tag/Bookmark diecut that I trimmed down to size.

I'm linking this up to the Simon Says Stamps "Something New" challenge and the SCS color challenge.

5 comments:

Lyn said...

What a gorgeous job you did of colouring this and how sweet to find the stamps in the parcel, I imagine they will be well treasured

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge in our first challenge of the year. Happy New Year!

Skrater said...

This card is just perfect!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, this is gorgeous, and I'm so glad Stacy sent you some images! I love your beautiful coloring and the wonderful layout with the sweet doily, bow, and tag! Stunning! Hugs, sweet friend!

Naomi said...

This is gorgeous, Tricia! LOVE that blue! Such a beautiful design and your colouring is spectacular!