Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Share Joy Ornament Card


I was inspired by the picture of the decorated tree for this week's Share Joy Challenge, so I made a faux ornament card.  



I stamped the snowman from Ready, Set, Snow onto watercolor paper and watercolored it with Distress Markers, then cut it out with a Stitched Circle die from MFT.  I backed that with a Spellbinders petite scalloped circle and layered it on a doily from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  The scalloped rectangle is a combo of two dies.  First I ran it through the scalloped rectangle die from MFT's Blueprints 23, then I ran it through with the piercing from the SB pierced rectangles set (SSRS).  The paper is Wild Rose Studios Painted Poinsettias (SSRS).  I tucked a piece of gold string in between my top two layers and hooked it over the top of my base layer to make it look like it was hanging from the tree branches.

My card is for one of my online stamping friends over at SplitCoast.  Hopefully I can get it out today!! :)

2 comments:

Lyn said...

This is beautiful I love the doily behind the scalloped circle <3

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Love this, it is adorable!