Thursday, April 30, 2015

{Stamp Simply} Butterfly Thanks


Hi everyone!

I'm always on the look out for fun ways to use patterned paper on my cards, and the other day I ran across THIS card on Pinterest.  I loved the look and thought it would be perfect with some of my Simple Stories ! Am paper.

First I cut a piece of lightweight white cardstock into a square a little larger than the Labels One die I was going to use.  Then I attached strips of patterned paper to the square.  After I made the cut with my Labels One die, I cut my panel into three pieces, following the lines of the paper.  Then I embossed my white section and arranged the three pieces on my card front.  The two patterned paper pieces are popped up with 3D foam, but the white piece is flat against the card so I could pop up my butterfly instead.

To brighten up my card I added some enamel dots, a seam binding bow tied with a little bit of linen thread, and a sentiment from the JustRite Buttercup set, stamped on a little flag from the Spellbinders Petite Pennants Die set.

Here's my Stamp Simply Shopping List...

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia


1 comment:

Audrey Hiltke said...

Love your beautiful design - it's so fresh and fun I love the bright clean yet stunning design!! Hugs!