Thursday, December 25, 2014

Joy to the World!!


Merry Christmas!

I really wanted my card today to focus on the true meaning of Christmas.  That Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to earth to redeem us.  God in human flesh, taking the penalty for our sins.  Joy to the World!!!

I started my card with a piece of watercolor paper.  First I stamped the sentiment in black and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I stamped the star from JustRite's Holiday Magic set with Versamark ink and clear embossed it as well.  I have a reverse mask cut with an oval die on my desk, so I centered it on the card front (attaching it with removable tape so it would stay put) and then I began to give my card front a wash of color with my distress markers, some water, and a wide watercolor brush.  I swiped some of the marker ink on an acrylic block and picked up the color with my wet brush, starting with the lightest colors and going to the darker.  I used all shades of yellow, blue and purple to give the feel of a night sky and some hills.  
After my paper was dry, I added some sparkle to the star and penned in a few stars with my white gel pen.

I attached my focal layer to my kraft card base and then tied my finished card with some metallic gold string for the final touch.

Here are the Stamp Simply products I used on today's card...

Thank you so much for visiting today.  I pray you will have a blessed day with your family remembering God's Gift to us!!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card <3 Christmas is such a beautiful message to the world. May you be blessed for sharing. Looking forward to more of you beautiful creations in 2015 and a big congrats for you win with Verve for your beautiful cards

jean w. said...

Really had to look at this closely. I love this kind of card! Thanks for sharing your card and thoughts on Christmas! Jesus is the greatest gift ever! Merry Christmas and Happy 2015!