Wednesday, October 01, 2014

{Gina K Designs} Stamp Out Cancer Blog Hop

Welcome to a very special Gina K Designs Blog Hop! 

Hi Everyone and welcome to my stop on the Hop!  We are so happy to share this new stamp set and patterned paper pack, Fight Like A Girl designed by Gina!   They are both available in the store right now!!

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month we are kicking off the first week with this cancer themed release and a full week of challenges on Stamp TV. Each challenge has a prize giveaway, so be sure to play along! 

For every stamp set sold this month, Gina K Designs will be making a donation to the American Cancer Society for cancer research.  So enjoy the hop and then watch for a new challenge every day in the Stamp Out Cancer Forum on Stamp TV!

I have three cards to share with you today, one specifically geared for Breast Cancer and two others that are appropriate for encouragement for any type of cancer - or any other time someone could used a little virtual hug!


I kept my first card clean and simple with lots of white space.  I embossed the cancer awareness ribbon in white and then diecut it with a Floral Ovals die, sponging it with pink before I removed it from the die.  I love that you could use any color ink on this card to make it applicable for any other type of cancer or disease.



My second card features the gorgeous patterned paper in this pack and a beautiful butterfly colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  If you look carefully you'll see some Liquid Pearl dots on the wings.  Soooooo pretty in real life!  My butterfly is popped up to give it the illusion of flying above the card.


And just one more card using the rest of the patterned paper from the last card.  This time I used the sweet pot of soup and colored it with copics, popping it up over a mat cut with the Spellbinders Pierced Circle die.  I stamped the sentiment on the "less fussy" piece of patterned paper, so I didn't lose it in the design.

Be sure to stop back over the week to see more cards made with this set and paper pack and play along with our challenges on Stamp TV for some AMAZING prizes!  See you there!  Now off you go to see what our wonderful guest designers of the month came up with!

Here's the list...

31 comments:

Janeen said...

so i really do love that sweet kettle. i'm glad you used it Tricia.

Karen Hightower said...

Tricia, All three are Gorgeous!!! I love that PP and the elegance. :)

Beth said...

Tricia - these are delightful!

Joyce Erb said...

Love all your cards. The first one is so elegant and great use of the DP on the others

Judy Inukai said...

Great card. Love how you did the support ribbon.

Dawn S. said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the first one with its CAS look and the others with the beautiful patterned paper.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous cards! Especially like the first one - seems so sweet and feminine!

scrappinmommom said...

Tricia, three lovely cards, love that precious little kettle.

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful! I really like how you embossed the ribbon in white and put the pink behind it. The paper you used for your second card is gorgeous, and I love the liquid pearls on your butterfly. Your sentiment on your third card looks fantastic on your wide band of patterned paper. Well done on all three!

Lisa K said...

Love these cards. I like that you showed uses other than cancer.

Unknown said...

Just love the color popping all over the place! Very nicely done. As a breast cancer survivor, I appreciate the awareness! Thank you!

Sue T said...

Great cards done with the new set and papers~ Perfect time of year to bring this stamp set out and beautiful papers.

Melanie said...

I love the stippling you did on the butterfly wings, great touch!

PJ said...

Just beautiful creations. Thank you.

Brenda said...

I really like the clean and simple card. Very beautiful. I like what you did with the butterfly on the second card. The soup pot is so cute. Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wonderful cards. Really amazing use of PP and stamps. Love the cute soup pot...

Melanie said...

The sponging is cool!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Magnificent ways of using these stamps and papers. I love them all.

Helen F. said...

Tricia, all three of your beautiful cards are amazing! I love the designs and layers you added on each
one

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Beautiful Tricia!

Unknown said...

These cards are beautiful. I especially love the first one. I really like how you attached the gold cord to the card. Very cool.

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Very beautiful cards!

Katie Sims said...

These are just beautiful Tricia and this is a cause very near and dear to my heart! So glad I saw your lovely work today! :)

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you added texture and dimension to you cards. Beautiful.

Gayle said...

Beautiful cards,

jandbspiegel said...

Your cards are all beautiful. I really like the first one. It looks like you slightly "arched" the sentiment to make it stand up - nice touch

gobarb26 said...

All three of your cards are really pretty. Nice work.

L.A. De Valk said...

Very pretty. I like them all.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Sure to support and brighten a loved one's day!

Judy Woodland said...

Gorgeous cards, thanks for all the great inspiration!!!

Lee said...

Oh these are simply stunning Tricia!!