Monday, September 15, 2014

{TCP Sketch Challenge} Be Grateful


I'm sneaking under the wire this afternoon with a card for the sketch challenge over at The Cat's Pajamas.  I had every intention of making a card with the cute bunny in the bowl of ice cream, but I was drawn instead to the gorgeous Simple Blooms set.  I started by diecutting a notebook sheet, then I sponged the edges with GKD Sweet Corn, Honey Mustard and Warm Cocoa ink.  I stamped a spray of flowers in Warm Cocoa Ink and then I stamped the sentiment in Honey Mustard.  I wanted to highlight the words Be grateful - something I need to remind myself hourly (actually more often than that, but I don't think there is a word like minute-ly...) - so I stamped the sentiment again in Warm Cocoa ink, cut out Be grateful, and then used thin pop dots to attach it over the matching words.  I used an old - OLD - stamp from SU for the speckles.

The background is cut out with Spellbinders Pierced Rectangle Dies, and then embossed with a Paper Studio Woodgrain embossing folder.  I swiped a little ink over it to make the embossing stand out more.  The strip of Warm Cocoa cardstock is stamped with another of the flower stamps in the set.  I added some gold cord and a button to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tricia

SUPPLIES:
Stamps:  Simple Blooms (TCP), speckle stamp (SU)
Cardstock:  Ivory, Honey Mustard, Warm Cocoa (Gina K)
Ink:  Sweet Corn, Honey Mustard, Warm Cocoa (Gina K)
Accessories: Paper Studio Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Hobby Lobby), Spellbinders Pierced Rectangle Dies (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Gold Cord, Button (Gina K), 3x4 Notebook Die (MFT)

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh my this is beautiful I love the wood grain panel with the stamped panel along side it. I cant wait to see your bunny in the bowl of ice-cream, that is a seriously cool stamp.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Tricia....this is gorgeous. I love the tone on tone elegance and the woodgrain with the highlighted words..beautifully done. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cat’s Pajamas!

Nancy Thomas said...

Tricia - this is just beautiful. I love the image on the notebook paper as well as the monochromatic color scheme. Thanks for joining us The Cat's Pajamas challenge.

Brenda said...

Tricia, we are all repeating, but this is such a beautiful card! I love this set, so simple but so elegant.