Thursday, February 20, 2014

Stamp Simply - Baby

Aren't baby cards fun to make?  You can use such soft, pretty colors!  Today's card was inspired by this photo from the Shabby Tea Room Challenge.


I pulled from the shabby chic look, the colors, and the baby theme to come up with this...


My stamps are from two different JustRite sets that are bundled right now at Stamp Simply...  Bundle of Joy Vintage Labels Five  and Special Delivery.

I cut out a frame from some Secret Garden Patterns and Solids paper with the Spellbinders French Frills dies.  The other side of this particular paper is a blue pattern, but this side is such a pretty mottled cream.  Perfect for the shabby chic look!

I stamped my background with the JustRite Rose Garden Background.  I used different colored inks... though not on purpose!  The stamp is red rubber, so I didn't notice that I hadn't cleaned it off very well the last time!  Oh well, it was a happy accident, because when I (re)inked it with the soft blue it gave a pretty variegated background with all the colors from the inspiration photo.  I love it when that happens!

I threaded my die cut frame with some seam binding and added a few Lippy Red rhinestones to finish it off.

Here's your Stamp Simply shopping list...


Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That inspiration photo is gorgeous and your card is such a fabulous take on it -- LOVE IT!!!

Maria said...

Such a lovely baby card! Beautiful background and sweet focal point with baby feet and sentiment!

Karen Dunbrook said...

just a gorgeous baby card...