Thursday, August 29, 2013

Reaping a Harvest


Hello friends!  I have a fall card to share today with products from the Stamp Simply Ribbon store... but it is hard to think about fall in the heat of summer.  It has been in the 90's all week and, unfortunately, we don't have any air conditioning.  In some small way that scenario is like the Verve Plain Jane verse that I used on my card.  The summer heat can make us weary and we think that it will never end, but soon the crisp autumn air and snows of winter will refresh us.  In the same way sometimes we weary of our struggle to do right and follow the Lord whole-heartedly, but if we press on we will reap the harvest of his "Well done!!".  Of course, that's just one tiny facet of this beautiful jewel of a verse.  Just like all of God's Word it is like a treasure chest to be mined!! 

On to card details!

I stamped my Plain Jane with Memento Black Ink on a piece of white cardstock that I had cut with the Floral Oval die.  While it was still in the die I sponged it with a variety of rust and orange inks.  I stamped a leaf from the JustRite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set and colored it with copics.  Then I started building my layers.  I started with a kraft card base, added some layers of Kaisercraft Devonshire paper, and added a piece of seam binding ribbon to ground my sentiment.  I attached the leaf with some 3D Foam squares and then finished it off with some rhinestones.  Just a sweet and simple card using some of my favorite products!!

Here's your Shopping list...



Thanks for stopping by!!

Tricia

1 comment:

Heather said...

It is very beautiful Tricia!