Thursday, August 08, 2013

Leaves of Friendship



Welcome friends!

It's really Thursday now!  Not like yesterday, which Blogger thought was Thursday!  Sorry about that!  ANYWAY... Thursday is now Stamp Simply day on my blog!!  Hooray!  I had a hard time knowing what to share with you first, but I must be in the mood for fall, because this gorgeous JustRite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set was calling to me!  I decided to make a sponged background to set off the leaves, so I cut a rectangle with a Spellbinders Classic Rectangles, and sponged it with different colors of ink while it was still in the die using some Sponge Daubers.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo black first and then added some of the other images in the set in a variety of browns, rusts and even a little Ranger Distress Antique Linen.  I cut a scalloped mat from Kaisercraft Devonshire Paper - what a GORGEOUS paper pad!! - and then stamped my focal image leaf in Memento Ink and colored it with copics.   i attached the leaf to the main panel with some 3D Foam Squares, and then I added some beautiful Kaisercraft Rhinestones in Orange to give it some sparkle.  The panel is attached to the cardstock with 1/2" Scor Tape.   Have you used Scor Tape on your cards?  I've used an ATG gun for awhile, but you have to use a LOT of tape to make sure you have a good hold.  With the Scor Tape you know it will stick with just a few small pieces.  LOVE IT!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Oh!  And let me know if you like reading the "details" or if a supply list at the end is just as well.  I don't want to bore you! :)

Blessings!

Tricia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card -- such autumn warmth!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card - such autumn warmth!

Colorado Crafter said...

I read blogs for the details about the projects shown. If details aren't given I don't usually come back to visit again. Your card is gorgeous!!! Fall cards are my favorite to make.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful.
luv
Debby