Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pink Elephants for a Cure


Splitcoast is having some ongoing challenges for the month of October featuring cancer awareness.  I wanted to participate in the Pink Critter challenge, and when the Get Your Diva challenge of making your own embellishments was announced I had a brainstorm... which can be good or bad depending on how the card turns out! : )  I remembered some yellow flannel that I had used in a quilt for my daughter and niece years ago and figured that I still had some left somewhere.  I was right!  I made a little blanket out of one of the patterns - using pinking shears and a little stitching and then made a moon from another pattern.  I watercolored Emery, the elephant, with Tombow markers, after stamping him on some heavy watercolor paper, and then I added a "Hope Ribbon" blanket tied with some embroidery floss.  The sentiment is from Verve's Many Blessings and is cut out with the Oval Label dies.  I added stars with my Stardust Glitter Pen and hills that I stitched on my sewing machine and embossed.  And that's about it!

Here's the completed card...


Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Tricia

4 comments:

Ravengirl said...

This is absolutely precious! The flannel adds so much softness and sweetness!

Shawna said...

Oh this is so sweet and precious Tricia! Love that unexpected touch of flannel.

Shawna said...

This is just so sweet and precious! Love that unexpected softness of the flannel

Chelsea said...

Adorable