Thursday, February 10, 2011

Paper Cupcake Liners


Did you know that paper cupcake liners make lovely flowers???  Who knew???  The challenge today on Splitcoast was to make a birthday card using birthday supplies, so I thought it would be fun to put "my spin" on the sweet paper flowers I'd seen around blogdom.  I stacked up three flattened out cupcake liners and made three passes through my cuttlebug with different sizes of nestie dies.  Then I added a sparkly brad that I had in my stash, crumpled them all up and smoothed them out again.  The leaves are paper pieced.  Both the leaves and the sentiment are from the Clear Dollar set "Sentimental Flowers" that was released this month, and the polka dot paper is from PTI.

Blessings!

Tricia

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

What an awesome idea!

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, now you are way too clever Tricia!!!! That card is stunning, and using cupcake liners...FABULOUS!!!

Linda

Tammi said...

That's a cool idea, love the flower, this is so pretty Tricia! ~hugs

debby4000 said...

Your card is gorgeous Tricia, such a beautiful cute image.
luv
Debby

Christi said...

Wow, Tricia, this is SSOO elegant and clever! Great work!!

Christine said...

Ooooh. I like how you embossed it! And also the way the sentiment is put on the card.