Friday, September 24, 2010

Special Sneak Peek Day!!!


Good Morning friends! It's a Special Sneak Peek day for Clear Dollar Stamps today!! I'd like to introduce you to one of those *must have* sets for your collection. It's called Year Round Bitties, and it's in answer to a request by a customer who is a teacher who was interested in little stamps to use on calendars. For my first card I simply used one of the little images and watercolored it with Tombow markers. This is a simple layout that lets you use tiny images as your focal point, which is always nice when you don't have a lot of time to color. ;-)

My next project is my favorite though. I never know what to get my 16 year old son for Christmas, so this year I made him a set of monthly coupons. I used a lot of the bright colors from the Clearly Coordinating Collection and cut the largest rectangle with my Scalloped Rectangle die. Then I printed out some coupons for things I know he would enjoy and cut them to size. I added one of the little monthly motifs to each coupon and colored them with copics, then punched a hole to add a ring to keep them together. Here's the completed set...






The cover is decorated with a snowman from the Snowman Wishes set and a smaller scalloped rectangle that I ran through my cuttlebug in the snowflake embossing folder. I also used a large eyelet to give the hole for the ring a little extra sturdiness.








Here are the coupons for January through December, plus three extra... including a new toothbrush, cuz he's getting so many sweets over the year! I think you should be able to click on the pictures to see the "gifts" more clearly. The font that I used was a free one from PeaFonts called Hannah Vanilla.

Be sure to head over to Lori's blog to get all the info on the new set and see more samples!!

Blessings!

Tricia

Jan-Apr:
CDS Stamp Set: Year Round Bitties
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Still Waters, Strawberry Jam, Bee Pollen, Turquoise Gem
Copics: V12, Blue Promarkers, RV13, Y17, YR08, E41, E33, E31, YG63, YG03
Tools: Scalloped Nestibilities
May-Aug:
CDS Stamp Set: Year Round Bitties
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Tangelo Smoothie, Sweet Pea, Grape Jelly, Strawberry Jam
Copics: E34, E33, YG63, YG67, R29, Y17, Blue Promarker, V15, V12, YR03
Tools: Scalloped Nestibilities
Sept - Dec:
CDS Stamp Set: Year Round Bitties
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Sweet Pea, Grape Jelly, Raging River, Tangelo Smoothie
Copics: YR03, W5, T3, C1, E33, YR07, Promarker Orange, YG03, YG11, Y17, R29 Tools: Scalloped Nestibilities
Extras:
CDS Stamp Set: Year Round Bitties
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Bee Pollen, Turquoise Gem, Lime Juice
Copics: E31, E00, E37, E34, E55, YR08, Blue Promarker
Tools: Scalloped Nestibilities

Hey Chickie Card:
CDS Stamps Used: Year Round Bitties
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock / Paper: Watercolor paper (SU), K&Co and Debbie Mumm DP, Naturals Ivory, Powder Puff (CDS)
Tools & Accessories: Word Window and Scalloped Square punches, Powder Puff ribbon, Gold Cord

3 comments:

Cassie said...

GREAT projects, Tricia! I love that little card, but those coupons are genius! What a wonderful idea, and this set is perfect for that ;D

Beverly Bishop said...

Wonderful idea and what boy wouldn't love this!

Triasinite

Barb said...

Just love the coupon book!! What a great idea!