Friday, May 07, 2010

My Notebook


Today's Clearly Inspired Challenge is to make a card or project with flowers. I really needed to dress up the plain binder that holds my new Bible Reading Schedule and Journal from GraceWorks. So... I stamped some deep green textured cardstock with a plume from the CDS Plumes and Blooms set as my base. Then I made a mat with some older TAC dp, some cardstock, some stitching and some of the Peach Taffy ribbon from Clear Dollar Stamps' Clearly Coordinating Collection. My focal image is the geranium from the set Jesus Paid it All, and the words are from Pretty Little Scriptures. I watercolored the geraniums and I'm not exactly thrilled with how they turned out, but they *do* look better in real life! :-) It is amazing how enjoyable it is to have a pretty binder to write in in the morning!!
Here's the whole front cover...

Thanks for looking! I hope you'll play along with the challenge!

Blessings!

Tricia


8 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

How stunning Tricia!!!!! I think your geraniums look wonderful!!!

Linda

Kevin Renz said...

I love "real" world projects. Its beautiful.

Cassie said...

That is so beautiful, Tricia! You always do such an amazing job with flowers ;D

Laurie Wilson said...

GORGEOUS! love the deep rich colors, wow! everything is just pretty about this one!

CarlaKH said...

So elegant and what great idea!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what beautiful colors, Tricia, and I love your flower in the center...absolutely gorgeous!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Lovely Tricia. And practical and function to boot. I love that little geranium. Rich colors.

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is so pretty! Love the colors you chose and the stamps.