Friday, February 12, 2010

Clearly Inspired Bling!

Our Clearly Inspired Challenge for this week is to use *bling* on your cards. Hmmm.... I do like glitter, but I've had these rhinestones in my drawer for a long time and thought I'd like to find a way to use them. (A side note... I spent awhile this morning going through some dp and ribbon and such, pairing them up and making little piles of matching tidbits. I'm going to challenge myself to use them up. This card is from one of the piles!)

Back to the card! I used the flowers from Everyday Jar-Gon and a verse from Pretty Little Scriptures. I colored the image with copics, sponged some banana ink on my oval while it was still in the die and matted it on a scalloped oval. The ribbon was in my stash and has just a little bit of gold running through it.

Thanks for stopping by. I do hope you'll have time to join the challenge!!

Blessings!

Tricia

8 comments:

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

You've been making some beautiful "spring'y" cards Tricia! I love all the details.

I could use some spring - be are buried in snow here!

Cassie said...

Very cool idea with your little piles of matching tidbits. . .I'll have to try that. I love your card, with the little bling middles. . .so inspiring ;D

Stacy said...

Beautiful card Tricia! I do love bling!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Tricia...perfect for a spring day...wish we had a little of that springy weather around here!!!! Your flowers, colors, and bling look AWESOME!!!

Linda Anderson said...

Such a pretty card Tricia!!! Love your bling!

Linda

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Tricia. What a happy card. I love the different shaped rhinestones and how you colored the one flower different.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. I like the jewels for the center of the flower and your little bit of textured background.

Tammi said...

Beautiful, love the small bit of embossing!