Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Sneak Peeks - Day One

Are you ready for fall??? I actually got out all my fall things today, even though I have *so* much to do! The warm colors are just my favorite!! Another favorite thing that I get to do today is to share previews of three new sets that will be released October 1st at Clear Dollar Stamps.

My first preview uses the set With Thanksgiving which has this beautiful verse from Psalm 100 and a couple of other sentiments that I haven't had a chance to ink up yet. Isn't it pretty??? I decided that I wanted to make a box to corral all of my CD cases full of nestibilities, so I played around with some measurements and made a *very* simple box out of burgundy cardstock. The dp that I used was in my stash and is from Flair - and the image - well, it's Charlie from last month's release of Charlie's Harvest! He is *so* fun to color!!

Here's a close up...

Let me know if you're interested in the measurements and I'll see about posting a tutorial later in the month, ok??

Supplies:
ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: With Thanksgiving, Charlie Harvest
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Burgundy, Flair DP, White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
MARKERS (if any):R29, Y17, E43, Y21, E51,E33, R22, YR07, Y26, R22, E49, E55, BG10, YG63, G99, R59, YG11, YG67, E00, E37, YG95, E31, YG91
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: dimensionals
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): copics
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): 3d project

The next card that I have to show you uses a new set in the very popular PatchPal line by Shawne Arnold called Patchpal Scarecrow. Do you see that adorable little kitty that the scarecrow is holding?? You'll have to drop by some of the other blogs with previews today and see if you can spot him in the pumpkin patch. Too cute!!!

I colored Mr. Scarecrow with my copics and stuck with an extremely simple layout to set him off. Remember, you can always click on the pictures if you'd like to see close ups!

Supplies:
ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Patchpal Scarecrow
CS AND PAPERS: White, Textured Ruby, Textured Saffron
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Desert Sand
MARKERS (if any): Copic - E00, E55, R29, Y26, YG63, R02, C1, BG72, W5, E33, YR00, E49, E43, Y17, YG91, YG95, E51, E31, Y21, BG10, YG11, E37 Stampin Up - Ruby, Grey, NQ Navy
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Large Oval Nestibilities, Scalloped Scissor, Brad
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Clean & Simple

The last set that I'm previewing today is the Stamp of the Month set called Harvest Hellos. This set is so much fun to work with!! I love both the solid images, and the font of the sentiments. It's a perfect addition to my fall stamps.

for today's card I decided to stamp the images on cream cardstock and cut them out to make a little scene. I used some staples on the sentiment and a deckle edge scissors on my bottom mat to keep things looking "rustic". I have another card that I'll be showing you later this month that is a totally different look. You can't go wrong with this set - and it's FREE with a $50 order at CDS this month.

Supplies:
ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Harvest Hellos - Oct SOM
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Rust, Kraft, Vanilla
INK: Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Cocoa, Olive
MARKERS (if any):none
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: staples, dimensionals, olive ribbon, deckle scissors, paisley cuttlebug folder
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): none
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):2 step stamping

That's it for me, but don't miss the other designers who are showcasing new stamps today. (You'll find their links on my sidebar.) You might even find a set or two that I didn't preview!!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for more peaks!!

Blessings!

Tricia

14 comments:

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the little box! Great fall colours and the cutest image :)

Warm regards, Renata

Candy F. said...

Tricia -- all your sneak peeks are wonderful. I especially like the box you created to hold your nesties.

Cassie said...

Tricia, I love ALL of your sneaks! Your coloring is always so amazing that I just want to study it. What a great idea your Nestie's box is ;D

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my Tricia, these are all so super adorable!!!!! I love 'em all!!!

Linda

Stacy Morgan said...

Creative and spunky idea for holding the nesties. Your scarecrow looks darling and I love how you colored him. I so need to change mine. lol Great sneaks!!!

Kevin Renz said...

All gorgeous Tricia! Don't you love when you can make something functional and pretty!

Unknown said...

Tricia,
Your peaks are all AWESOME!
I really like the coloring on that scarecrow....real jaw-dropper!

Hugs,
True :)

Shawne said...

Your samples are awesome, your coloring is just gorgeous! I would love to give copics a try.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Tricia, what cute ideas! Love Charlie with the Thanksgiving verse. Your scarecrow is so cute and it looks great simple. Keep up the great work!!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful coloring on the patchpal scarecrow Tricia. Wow. I love your ideas. Love that cozy you made for your nesties. Great idea. Festive and functional. Gotta love that.

Dawn B. said...

Tricia these are awesome. You coloring is amazing. I love the great fall colors you chose. Super job...

Kristina said...

Such cute stamps! I love the pumpkins on the last card! And the font on that verse is gorgeous!! Your creations are all wonderful!

Laurie Wilson said...

What an adorable nesties box holder! I do like the verse so much! That scarecrow is so adorable and masterfully colored, wow! And your pumpkin card is super sweet and looks fun to make!

Angela Thomas said...

Your coloring is just gorgeous! Love your nestie box!