Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 3 Sneak Peeks!! Hot Rods!!



Day 3 Sneak Peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps (being released on September 1st!!) are all about the car lovers in our lives. Since I’m married to a fabulously talented mechanic and old car lover, my samples today had to be inspected before I could post them. :-)


I got to play with a few different stamps and a set of related sentiments this month… 57 Chevy, 68 Corvette, Gas Can single stamp, and the Cool Ride sentiment set.


I started out with the 57 Chevy in a vintage line drawing look. I stamped the car with Ballet Blue ink onto some white cardstock, then sponged and folded and tore and stitched and watercolored, to make it look like an old advertisement. I made my own dp with the gas can stamp and crumpled and sponged a little piece of kraft cardstock to make a tag. The saying makes me laugh, because it is *so* my dh!!



I made some more dp for my second card by placing a number of the sentiments from the Cool Ride set on a block together and stamping them like a background stamp. This time I colored the car with copics and did a little paper piercing to help set it off.



Then we came to the 68 Vette. As I looked around my messy desk, I saw this last piece of cork paper and an idea was born. When my dh and I were dating, I remember seeing the bulletin board in his room. No girl pictures there… just cars. Usually some hot red Vette or Mustang or Camero, so I decided to recreate the bulletin board for the front of my card. Complete with mechanic’s oily fingerprints. (compliments of my son… he said my thumbprint was too small!) I colored the Vette with prismacolors, oms and a few copics in spots. I think it would make the perfect birthday or anniversary card for my husband, don’t you?? :-)


Be *sure* to check out the other stamps being revealed today. Guy stamps are so hard to find, and these car stamps and the sentiment set fill the gap wonderfully!!


Thanks for stopping by! More tomorrow!

--------------------------------

Don’t Miss Today’s Sneak Peeks!!!

Cool ride, gas can, 39 coupe, 68 corvette, 57 chevy, 56 pickup, 69 camero, 65 mustang

Lori McCroskey


Angela Thomas

Candy Fosta

Cassie Trask

Katie Renz

Kim Teasdale

Laurie Wilson

Linda Anderson

Sarah Taylor

Shawne Arnold

Stacy Morgan

Trudy Sjolander


-------------------------------


What a Gas!

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: 57 Chevy, Cool Ride, Gas Can
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Navy, Olive, Confetti White, Kraft
INK: Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
MARKERS (if any): None
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Sponge, Watercolor Brush, Sewing Machine, Brads
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Watercolor with Ink Pads
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Distressing

A Classic

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: 57 Chevy, Cool Ride
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Bazzill Grey, Burgundy, Artichoke, Ivory Natural, DCWV Mat Pack
INK: Memento
MARKERS (if any): Copic... R59, W5, Blender
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Paper Piercer
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics & Prismacolors
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): I made a background stamp for the burgundy layer by placing a number of the sentiments from Cool Ride on the acrylic block at the same time

Hot Rod Corkboard

I tried to make this look like a mechanics bulletin board... dirty fingerprints and all!

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: 68 Corvette, Cool Ride
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Navy, White, Black, Cork
INK: Memento Black, Cocoa, Navy, mustard
MARKERS (if any): none
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Paper Piercer, long rectangle nestibilities, sponge, brads, white gel pen
COLORING MEDIUM (if any):Prismacolors & OMS
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): none

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness these are terrific. I love the cork board with the grunged look. Super job..

Linda Anderson said...

Fabulous cards Tricia!!!! Love 'em all!

Linda

Kevin Renz said...

Love all your samples - especially that cork board card. Cuuute!