Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 2 Sneak Peeks!!


We start out Day 2 of Sneak Peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps with the adorable Charlie Harvest set. I love all the sets that I’ve worked with this month, but this set is my absolute favorite. I love fall!!!!! :-)


For my first card, I followed a sketch that Laurie, our design team leader, had challenged us with. I stamped Charlie on a piece of DCWV designer paper and colored him with prismacolor pencils and oms before I cut him out with my circle nestibilities. I had found this yummy Fancy Pants double sided dp at my LSS, so it was easy to pull my colors from that. I inked up the sentiment words separately, so I could put them side by side instead of on top of each other. Now tell me - isn’t Charlie precious???



For my second card with the set I colored Charlie with Copics and used a double ended tag for the sentiment. Lot’s of little details on this one… stitching, sponging, ribbon, brads… even a flower & a button. I enjoy seeing how the same image can look so different depending on how you color it and what embellishments you use.



The next set that I get to feature today is called Tea-rrific, and the stamps remind me of the lovely vintage teapots and teacups at my Great-Aunt’s house when I was a little girl. You know - the perfect “tea party” kind of tea sets.


My first card was inspired by a picture of a fun pink and black purse that Laurie showed us. I pulled out my post-it notes and sponged a tone-on-tone stripe onto my pink mat. Then, after colored my image with copics and drawing in a little “table” for my cup to sit on, I ran my image through the cuttlebug “backwards” - so the swiss dots are indented in the front, rather than sticking up. My sentiment tag, buttons and ribbon make a triangle to balance the card.


Lastly - I have a clean and simple card. I paper pieced the cream pitcher and sugar bowl, layered them on a piece of white cardstock that I had watercolored with green and plum, and then layered them on a punched plum scalloped circle. I did lots of paper piercing on this card and then added some micro half pearls and some stitching to complete the look.


Don’t forget to look at the rest of the sneak peek designers blogs. They are *so* talented and will inspire you!!

--------------------------------

Don’t Miss Today’s Sneak Peeks!!!


Charlie harvest, get off your tuffet, At the races, Tea-rrific



Lori McCroskey

Angela Thomas

Candy Fosta

Cassie Trask

Katie Renz

Kim Teasdale

Laurie Wilson

Linda Anderson

Sarah Taylor

Shawne Arnold

Stacy Morgan

Trudy Sjolander



-------------------------------


Charlie Gives Thanks

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Charlie Harvest Time
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Kraft, DCWV Mat Pack, Paper Loft DP
INK: Memento
MARKERS (if any): Black SU for sentiment
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Paper Piercer, brads, CB Swiss Dots folder, Nestibilities
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Prismacolors
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): None

Abundance of Blessings

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Charlie Harvest Time
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Bazzill Olive, Paper Loft dp
INK: Memento, Eggplant
MARKERS (if any): Copic... BV04, R59, YR07, YG91, YG95, Y21, E37, E33, E55, E51
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Prima flower, button, brads, ribbon, zigzag scissors, sewing machine, CB Tiny Tags, dimensionals
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics & Prismacolors
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):None

Pretty in Pink

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Tea-rrific
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Pink Passion, Black, Bazzil pink
INK: Palette Noir, pink passion, dimensionals
MARKERS (if any): Copic... R20, RV13, YG03, C1, E31
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Swiss Dots CB folder, buttons, scallop scissors, rose grosgrain ribbon, .01 Pigment pen to draw lines on floor, sponge
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics & Prismacolors w/ OMS
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Sponged Stripes

Tea for Two

ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED: Tea-rrific
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Mauve, white CS, K&Co DP
INK: Palette Noir, Orchid
MARKERS (if any): Copic... V12, RV34YG05, YG11
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearls, Paper Piercer, sewing machine
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): Watercolor behind image, Paper piecing

4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful cards! Wonderful coloring on all of them!

Cassie said...

I just love that first Charlie sample. You've convinced me that I 'need' him {lol}. Your tea samples are both so elegant and beautiful, Tricia ;D

Laurie Wilson said...

Both charlie cards are so adorable, but I really like the effect that the first has with the image being stamped on the basketweave patterned paper! the tea cards are just gorgeous!

Junieb said...

Tricia, You are an amazing artist!!! LOVE all the cards, Charlie is soooo sweet . . . but the tea pot and cup, I just love how you drew in the table!