Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vera Birthday Inspiration

If there is something I love almost as much as stamping, it is my Vera Bradley bags.  I saw my first one about 2 1/2 years ago and just fell in love.  In fact I drove from Wisconsin to Oklahoma over Spring Break two years ago with the express intent of buying one.  (OK, so they were at a *huge* cross stitch store there... and I bought a little more than a VB bag!!)

Anyway - the Color Challenge at Stamp TV is to make a card inspired by this VB bag.  How could I resist???  I decided to go very simple.  I took a piece of tan dp from my K&Co Bailey pack and stamped 3 flowers from Framed Fun and colored them with Copics.  I layered that on brown dp and stitched them to a layer of blue dp on light brown Bazzill cardstock.  After attaching it to a cream card base, I stamped and cut out my saying (from How Sweet it Is) with the Nesties Tags.  I sponged it with Soft Sky and Memento Desert Sand before removing it from the die, and I attached it with 2 of my last sparkly brown brads.  Must.find.these.  (I got them in a Secret Sister package and have loved them!!)

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Tammi said...

Pretty how you have the flowers to the side, nice color too!