Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blue & Green

The Viva La Verve Sketch was a fun one this week.  The sketch itself was fairly simple, and the twist was to use the colors blue & green.

I chose the tulips from the Verve set Floral Symphony, and stamped them lightly in Moss and Bashful Blue.  The word are stamped in Navy to make them pop.  I ran the Moss layer through my cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  I love applying pieces with the raised dots facing downward for a different look.  I distressed the edges with my grapefruit knife and sponged some moss to darken them.

The brads and button are by Basic Grey, as well as the dp.  I even pulled out some of my moss gingham ribbon!! :)

This week will be busy here, so our blog posting might be a little sporadic.  We're getting ready to leave for 3 days to attend and participate in a wedding, so stamping will have to take a backseat to preparations.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

How pretty! Love that color combo!

Tammi said...

Elegant and beautiful! Love that color combo!

Stampin' Meg said...

ohhh very elegant Tricia!

Laurie Wilson said...

How you used the sketch is amazing! I love the simplicity and the colors you chose are so calming!