Tuesday, April 07, 2009

They that trust in Him...

I wanted to make a card for the Magnolia-Licious April Sketch challenge this afternoon with a few parameters.  I knew I wanted to use Tilda with Lamb and the window stamp, I knew I wanted to use yellow and blue, and I knew I had to follow the sketch challenge... well, sortof, anyway!!  I stamped Tilda first on watercolor paper and then masked her and stamped the window behind her.  I drew in the wall and watercolored using a small paintbrush and scribbling my Stampin' Up markers on an acrylic block for a palette.  (There's a close-up of the watercolor part below.  Don't look too carefully, 'cause I'm not very good!)

I ended up scooting the elements around just a little so everything would fit, but I think it's acceptable... at least I hope so.

I love the verse that I found for this.  Tilda with her little lamb reminds me of the "Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world."  "Blessed are they that put their trust in Him!"



Blessings!

Tricia

3 comments:

Cami said...

Tricia, this card is absolutely divine! I love the way you drew in the walls (very talented!!!) and colored everything...just beautiful! Your color combo is so eye-pleasing and this card is so well put together. Beautiful!!! Hugs, Cami

Ellibelle said...

Tricia this is gorgeous. I love your coloring, and the paper you used. Love that ribbon too!

Liz Williams said...

This is so sweet, Tricia! Love the scripture. This is just awesome work.