Friday, February 08, 2008

Just Hanging Around...

I was SO glad that my monkeys came in today's mail!! I sat right down with them to whip up a "sneak peek" for you, and wasn't it fun??!!! I've been waiting for these stamps to use with this particular card from K&A Diecuts. The little hanging monkey fit perfectly! First I used one of CC Designs new Background Stamps - Plaid - on my cardfront, inked in Saffron. Then, I punched a scalloped circle with my pink punch - Giga, I think, and I used the negative to make a frame inside the open circle on the front of the card. After I stamped my Monkey in Palette Burnt Umber ink and colored him with markers and watercolor pencils, I used my watercolor crayons to add some leaves for him to play in and popped up a little heart from last month's release to add some color. I inked the sentiment with two markers and then cut it apart and mounted it on brown and green cardstock, popping up the word "hanging". Before I added my brads, I covered the inside of the front panel with a piece of banana cardstock, just so it looks nice inside and out. And there you have it!! :) Isn't he sweet!

"Monkey Love", from the newly renamed Itsie Inkies line from CC Designs, is mounted on thin black EZ mount and comes packaged in a CD case. It will be available - along with three Background stamps (plaid, hearts & dots!!) - tomorrow night at All That Scraps. Check it out!!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm going bananas over this card - it is sooooo cute!