Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Thoughts of Spring...


Good morning!! One of my goals for yesterday was to make a bookmark for my Bible reading. I don't know where they always disappear to, but as soon as I had finished this one, I found another!! That's ok. This was fun, turned out pretty, and was a good way to use up some of my stash. So, here's my challenge for the day. Use up some of your scraps to make a bookmark. It could be for yourself, for a child, or maybe just to have on hand when you need something "extra" to add to a card. Remember, most books won't take too kindly to tons of dimension!! So, see what you can do to make it interesting... but flat.

Oh - one more requirement! It must be spring-y. Enough of the snow already!! If you want a winter bookmark you can make that too... but be sure that you link to the spring-y one first. For my sample, I used a retired SU set... don't even know which one, cuz I sold the rest of the set... and a Bible verse, and used my swirl from A Season of Joy as the background.


Don't forget to link me to your creation. I'd love to see it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous bookmark, I just love it!

Mrs. Nancy G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Nancy G said...

I love your bookmark too! Here's one I recently made...it's not flat though. I used some eyelets on it.

I encourage you to keep up on your Bible reading. That's really cool.

http://inkcicles.blogspot.com/2008/01/little-bit-of-stamping.html

:-)