Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gift Card Holder



I needed a gift card holder for my son's guitar teacher, so I combined a number of tutorials and this is what I came up with. The card is one of those scraps that you have that isn't quite big enough to be the base of a card. I think it measured 5 1/4" instead of 5 1/2". I'm not sure what the length was, but I just scored and folded it so the back was 4 1/4". The DP is Basic Grey - opposite side of the same sheet. I inked up the tree with Celery, Mustard and Chocolate Chip markers, and then went back to highlight it with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Artichoke and a Stardust pen. Rather than make a pocket on the inside, I just attached the gift card with mini glue dots. Then, I punched the card with my slit punch, and used the slit to keep it closed.

Here's a picture of the inside...

It's snowy and icy here today. Hopefully it won't get too nasty, since my husband was going to take me out tonight!! Oh well, if all else fails I can drink hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie -- as long as we still have power! :)

Enjoy your day!!

1 comment:

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful, Tricia! I love the way it opens! Hope you got your night out! :)