Thursday, November 08, 2007

Christmas Thanks


This card started out as a SCS sketch, but then it took on a life of it's own!! :) I just couldn't make the sketch work. This is one of my favorite sets - Night Before Christmas. I colored the image with... guess what?? Markers and watercolor pencils!! :) (good guess!) I just love the shading I can get with those! The DP is retired Stampin' Up... Oh - did I mention that if you buy 3 packs of Stampin' Up Designer Paper right now, you get the fourth pack free??? I really, really would like to take them up on that offer!! Let's see, more details... the brads are the last antique ones from my Vintage Brads - need more of those, too... and the ribbon is from my local stamp store. The little saying is part of a stamp I've had around for ages. And old sell-a-bration one, I think.
NOW... what you really came for!! BLOG CANDY WINNERS!!
According to Random.Org the winner of the Stampin' Candy is...
Jennifer!!
And the winner of the Table Runner is...
Thinker!!
Thank you all so much for stopping by - for your comments - for your friendship! Be sure to email me with your addresses, so I can send your candy out, gals. :)
AND ONE LAST THING...
It's my husband's birthday today! For the last few years I've been trying to write poems to put in his cards. Birthday, Christmas, Valentines, etc... Here's the poem for today. Maybe you can make some changes and use it for someone's birthday coming up!
You're 45 this day of days,
In dog years you'd be dead.
I'm glad you're here, though, even if
You tend to snore in bed.
Our lives take many twists and turns -
Some great, some good, some not.
The road we're on is never dull,
Whether we like it or not.
Thank you for spending your life with me,
For working so hard to take care.
I love you, appreciate you, not just today -
But every day of the year.
Happy Birthday! :)
Obviously we have a great relationship... or I wouldn't be teasing him in his birthday card!! :)
Have a great day!!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Tricia,
Yeah! I am so excited! Your card is cute as well as your poem. I will look into the paper...sounds fun!
My address is 17675 Bobwhite Rd, Crocker, MO, 65452. Thank you so much!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fab card ,love the poem ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Tricia--so sweet!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, that stamp is so sweet

Annie said...

I love that little boy with his stocking image, and your colouring is fabulous. And the poem made me smile too!

abhall76 said...

Simply adorable!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

awwww!!!! i love the poem!! what a sweet thing to do for him. i hope you are saving them all for posterity!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so sweet, and I love your poem! Great job!

Tiffiny said...

I love this card. It is so sweet. Nice job.