Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blog Candy Coming Soon!!

I made this cute little box for the My Favorite Things party on SCS the other night. The challenge was to make a 3 x 3 box... in an hour. You can find the tutorial here. I filled the box with 3 x 3 cards with uncolored penguins mounted on them. I'll include some envelopes and colored pencils and send them to my niece for Christmas.

I noticed that my counter is getting *very* close to 1,000... in just two weeks! WooHoo!! There actually *are* people that read my blog!! Well - tell your friends - I'll be posting blog candy in the next day or two. I need to figure out just what to send!


Remember when I said that my daughter had won the grand prize at the Quilting Shop Hop?? Here's her first attempt at quilting. Didn't she do a good job??

And here's what I've been working on! I can't believe it's finally finished. It's absolutely huge! Well - not really, but it was made out of flannel - so it was big and bulky and really hard to fit through my little machine to quilt. My son loves it, though, and it's going to be really *warm* for winter!!




6 comments:

jodene said...

Your quilts are amazing. Love the penguin on your card!!

Angie said...

That is a cute idea to send the un colored penguin cards with colored pencils as a gift. Good way to get the next generation paper crafting! :)

Annie said...

both you and your daughter have amazing quilts - and the colours are beautiful.

Stampin' Meg said...

Draling card/box and gorgeous quilts.

mitchells2000 said...

I love quilts... and you and your daughter did GREAT! Beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

Your penguins are way too adorable, Tricia! Wonderful quilting as well!! Such talent!! ( I see where your daughter gets it) ;)