Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wolf Challenges

Here we are on Angel Sketch #9! I may get caught up yet!! I decided to make a number of cards with my daughter's retired wolf stamp set from SU. I thought the Baroque Designer Paper would make a beautiful background and it made the sketch so easy to work with!!

Colors are Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and River Rock. Still no scalloped punches here. I'm considering applying for the Spellbinders design team, just so I could get some of those scalloped diecuts!! :) I don't think I'd have a chance, though.


This card is actually for the Splitcoaststampers SC 146, and WT136. I followed the sketch and then added a piece of wood to finish it off. I used my piercing tool to punch a hole above and below the twig at each end, then used a piece of linen thread to hold it there - tying it in the back. Cool look, huh??

This card is for Angel's Sketch #11 (I'm dreading Sketch #12... I must admit.) I changed it a little since I used 3 images in my center block rather than 4, but I really like how it turned out. I think I'll use this to fulfill one of the SCS Virtual Stamping Night challenges... to make and mail out a card to one of the card drives listed in the forums. I chose Operation Quiet Comfort. Cards are gathered, with personal notes inside, to send to the soldiers overseas who've been wounded. It's an ongoing effort, so I think I might try to send a number each month.

3 comments:

Angel said...

Don't dread 13! You do such great work. I know you'll come up with something wonderful! LOVE your wolf cards!!

Rose Ann said...

All of these are awesome!! I think these would make great cards for guys too. I always have such a hard time with those. Great job!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

Oh wow! I love the Wolf cards! I've been trying to use my "unused" sets more, and this is one of them! I may have to try these out! Great job!!!