Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today's Trio


That's right, not one, not two, but three cards to share with you today! I got up early this morning, so I decided to play with more of the sketches for Angel's Birthday Countdown.

For the first card (Day #5 Sketch) I used the little t-shirt from TAC's Special Delivery. I colored it with my SU markers (adding a little stripe on the sleeve...) matted it, and popped it up on a little scalloped rectangle I made with my scalloped scissors. I crimped the yellow strip, matted it on a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock stamped with a retired SU corner stamp from Sugar and Spice, doodled a bit (which is definately not my strong suit!), stamped and matted my greeting and TA-DAH!! - a sweet baby card for a sweet baby girl.




The next card is day #1's sketch. This one was harder for me. I found some leftover cardstock and diecuts from last year's sell-a-bration Simply Scrappin' kit, so they became my color scheme. After scallop-ing the end of my Celery cardstock, I stamped the Bashful cardstock with Bashful ink, using a retired Gift With Purchase stamp from TAC. (Did you know that you can get double GWP stamps right now?? I need to order. No, wait, I need to have some money so I can order!!) The Celery piece on top is stamped with Linen in Moss and mounted on a piece of Barely Banana cardstock. The flowers are all "self-adhesive diecuts", the brads are from SU's pastel set and the saying was punched with my word window punch and attached under the ribbon with a glue dot. I have *got* to find more of the wide organdy ribbon!!




OK, on to Day # 3. This card makes me laugh!! :) It's just so me right now!! I used two background stamps for this card SU's Houndstooth (on the Green Galore layer) and Linen (on the turquoise layer). The image and sentiment are both retired from TAC. I colored the snail with my markers and used a little watercolor brush for some blending/shading. The little piece of ribbon is from a little stack I got at the Target $1 spot.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow. I have some fun blog candy coming up!!

TTFN!!

3 comments:

Angel said...

WOW... your cards rock, Tricia!!!

~Shade of my Heart~ said...

These cards are wonderful! They are so thought out, and yet look so simple to do! I can't wait to see more!

Little C's Creations said...

these are adorable!!! I am totally casing the baby card!!!!

nice to meet ya!!!

hugs,
Jen