Thursday, October 04, 2007

Oh Wow!!!


Big news today! Remember that quilt shop hop that we went on last Saturday?? Well, we got a call last night that my daughter had won... the GRAND PRIZE!!!!! :) That's $500 worth of quilting stuff... and she doesn't really quilt.... :) Needless to say, she's coming with me for every shop hop in the area!!!!! I'm so - so - so excited. I think she is a little bit too. At least one of the shops has yarn that she can use one of the gift certificates at. But now, she'll probably start quilting and I'll just have to watch her use the whole basketful of goodies.... Just remember - it's not mine, it's not mine, it's not mine. :)

Anyway! On to the card. Today I pulled out one of my oldest TAC sets called The Fruit of the Spirit and paired it with TAC's Mulberry Meadow paper collection. The little tag layer behind the image is actually a diecut that is included in the collection. I used my watercolor pencils and a paintbrush to color the flowers, and a marker to color in the words. The swirly ribbon is also from the Mulberry Meadow collection and the wide organdy is a leftover from a retired SU spool. Did I mention that I *really* wish they still carried the wide organdy? It was so elegant!

OK - off to breakfast and blog surfing. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and the simple, elegant layout. Congrats to your daughter for winning! I'm sure she'll share... :)

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so beautiful!! Congratulations to your daughter! Woo hoo!