Thursday, October 11, 2007

A "Notes" Book...

I hardly ever do 3D projects. I just can't seem to make them look stunning like everyone else. BUT... I found this beautiful hardcover notebook with Kraft colored paper (no lines) inside at NASCO for 1/2 price and I just couldn't pass it up. I picked up a couple yards of gingham ribbon, 10 music note brads and a 12 x 12 sheet of music designer paper and *hoped* I could figure out something!!

So... I stamped the treble and bass clef from my Stampin' Up! set onto vanilla naturals cardstock and sponged with Caramel and Mustard to "age the paper. I used an old brass template that I had to dry emboss the corners. The "Notes" in the middle of the page is actually part of the sentiment from the same set. It said "A Note for You". I just used my black marker to ink up the word Note and then added an "s" at the end with my marker. I used my oval punch to make a frame that I could sponge through over the word. After mounting them all, I tied my ribbons and VOILA - done!

I've been wanting a book to write quotes in and I think this will be it... if I can get up enough courage to actually write in it!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by! I may have another post up this evening. I've been working on some cards for some sketch challenges.... we'll see!!



5 comments:

My Paper World said...

Wow, this looks really gorgoeus!

Angie said...

Cute!

Rose Ann said...

Great job with your altered notebook! I love how you've decorated it!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Oh that's simply gorgeous Tricia!! Love the style and all the ribbons! Great job!

Christina Fischer said...

What a beautiful book! I love what you did with the paper!