Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fall Birthdays


I just realized that I have a LOT of birthdays in November and very few birthday cards made. So... you'll have to bear with me for the next little while, because most of what you'll see will be birthday cards! This card uses Angel's Day 17 sketch as it's inspiration. I didn't follow it perfectly this time, but the basics are all there! The leaves are stamped in Basic Black on Naturals Ivory cardstock and then colored with marker and watercolor pencil with no water added. The pretty corner on the Chocolate Chip cardstock is actually a piece of one of the stamps in Simple Delights - the Simply Sent kit that I got earlier this month. I have loved that kit! In fact, I'm almost out of precut pieces. I'm definitely going to get more River Rock cardstock. It's a beautiful color! The brads are Antique Brass and are also from the kit. The leaves are from Lovely as a Tree and the sentiment is from The Angel Company. I used the Paisley background stamp on the Baroque Burgundy cardstock, and Linen on the Cranberry cardstock. Lots of stamping and coloring, wasn't there! But it reminds me of today - crisp and fall-like.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Angel said...

I love this card!! Very warm and elegant. I am sure whichever November birthday gets this will be very happy!

Kimm BT said...

Tricia... you're artwork is wonderful! Had to stop by and see what you've been up to... glad I did!!
hugs
Kimm BT

Rose Ann said...

This is such a beautiful Fall birthday card!