Saturday, October 27, 2007

Birthday Card Bonanza

I needed to make some quick and easy birthday cards today, both to fill my card box and to catch up on Angel's challenges. So here we go... challenges 18, 19, 20 and 21... in no particular order!!

The first card is for my sister (I hope she's not reading this!) whose birthday is the day after Christmas. I used my Palette of Prints from SU, the Christmas tree from a Studio G clear set, and the Happy Birthday from TAC. I colored the tree with SU markers and shaded with watercolor pencils.


Here's another quick birthday card with Celery DP from SU! The flower is from the SU Mini Catalog set Season of Joy. It's not exactly a Pointsettia here!! :) Same birthday greeting from TAC. I think it was a gift with purchase stamp a few years ago.


The next card uses the Brocade Designer Paper from SU and some more of the accessories that came in my Simply Sent - Simple Delights kit. "Birthday Wishes" is also an SU stamp.

Finally, here's a cupcake birthday card in honor of one of my nieces. The stamp is from a TAC set called For All Seasons, that I just love! :) I colored the cupcake with markers, added a little shine with my clear gel pen sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter before it dried, mounted it on some Fancy Pants paper and then onto a scalloped (with my scissors) rectangle. The little white dots are from a white gel pen. I used my Paisley stamp on the pink cardstock layer and finished it off with a ribbon from my LSS.

All in all I was please with these cards. They weren't as "fancy" as I've been doing lately, but I got four of them done in an hour and that was important today!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Rose Ann said...

All of your birthday cards are fabulous! Wow...you've been busy! ;)

Angel said...

Your cards are great!!! They don't look THAT quick and easy though! I can't believe that Christmas tree is a Studio G set. it is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the birthday card ideas. I am thinking about next year and how many I will need. With 4 sisters and 4married brotheres I am going to need amny cards. Thanks again. Jeanette (JCV)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Hi tricia,
fantabulous cards!!! beautiful designs and you're right they will be great case.
chat