Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Angels & Kitties

I have three cards for you today. Two for Angel's birthday countdown (I had to get caught up again!!) and another card using my Pink Cat stamps. My little Halloween card is Angel's sketch #23 turned on end. I really wanted to use the Hedgie Pumpkin stamp, and it fit better this way. I figured the swirlies could look like falling leaves... :)



Next in line is Angel sketch #24. This one was harder for me, but I like how it turned out, except for the uneven rectangle that I punched for the ribbon. Did I mention that I really want the horizontal slot punch??? I colored the first two with my standby - markers and watercolor pencils. I added the hearts to the snowman's shirt with a darker marker.

Finally, I have another Pink Cat card for you. I stamped the solid kitty with Creamy Caramel ink, then used watercolor pencils to shade her, a Celery marker for her eyes and a Chocolate Chip marker to sketch in an outline. The kitty and pawprint were both included with the kitty, so I pulled colors from my BG paper and stamped them around her. My Olive cardstock is stamped with SU's Linen and it's all tied up with some faux stitching, a burgundy ribbon, and - if you look closely under the "credits" - 2 olive brads. Another thing you may notice is that the back fold of the card is trimmed with the scallop scissors. When the card is closed, the scallops show - kind of like the picture.



Just think! Tomorrow is November!! How are you doing on your Christmas gifts??




4 comments:

Angel said...

Oooohh! So pretty.....doorbell rining...trick or treating!!!

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are lovely.

Melissa said...

Lovely cards! The colours are so warm and rich.

Rose Ann said...

Great cards!! They're sooo cute, and you did a wonderful job with them all!