Sunday, October 28, 2007

Almost Embarrassed!

Have you ever had one of those cards that no matter what you did the colors were off when you photographed it?? Uggh. This one really is *pretty* in real life! But the Saffron turned into Mustard and the Lavender turned into Orchid, and the Amethyst turned into Ballet Blue and I can't fix it!! BUT... I have to post it cuz it's for Angel's challenge!!


So here it is. I did it. But I like how the coloring turned out better than the card itself!! I've been using Stampin Up's markers and then shading with watercolor pencils. Oh - and I've been adding texture to anything that's "large and open". Like the tree yesterday and the flower pot today. Just pick a pattern and draw it on with a darker marker. (Ooo, look - it rhymed!!) Here's a close up to see a little better...


Thanks for stopping by!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me. Hey, Am I first to post? A first for me HEHE.
Thanks for all the ideas from your blog! I am a newbie to card making.

Annie said...

love your idea for adding interest to a big area, and your colouring is just fab.

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring looks awesome on this, and I love the whole card!