Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Catching Up


Hi everyone!


Well, I'm back! I think I've finally kicked the flu... for now at least, we made it through a BIG snowstorm - with one more on the way (Yippee! Snow Days!!!) and we got the house smelling better after I told my daughter that the bread machine made a two pound loaf rather than a one pound loaf. I was gone, and the smoke pretty much filled the entire house. I guess that's one way to get me to clean!! I'm also starting - slowly - to get a handle on my daughter's celiac disease. Uggh! I gave her a headache tonight by feeding her rice that was apparently dusted with flour of some sort. Poor dear! And I feel awful. What a mean mom. I know I'm rambling and if you aren't familiar with celiac, suffice it to say that it is a toxic reaction to anything containing even trace amounts of wheat, barley, and rye... in any form. She was just diagnosed recently and it is a whole new way of life and cooking for me!! So - if I'm not on here as often as I'd like, I'm probably in the kitchen. :)


Here's a card that I pulled out of my box for a friend who needed a "generic" man's birthday card. I need to make some more of these. They're quick and easy and "manly".


2 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Tricia - I love your cards! Sorry to hear that your daughter is diagnosed with Celiac's disease. Diet changes are very difficult... esp. when you have to cut out grains!
If you get a chance, I posted my calendar pages from my family calendars that I made this year. I stamped them, then added the pics. Just thought you might enjoy them. www.mitchells2000.blogspot.com
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi - what bad luck on the rice - it's irritating when something that should be perfectly safe is contaminated with gluten. My daughter was diagnosed 10 years ago, and I know all too well that Bad Mother feeling - we had a mixup with pizza bases once, and I felt bad for days.