Saturday, November 18, 2006

Snowman Love


Today's post was my SCS challenge for yesterday. We were supposed to use stamps from different sets to create a humorous winter scene. I'm not sure that mine is very humorous... but it's sweet! :)
I started by inking the animals from Christmas Gift Tags with an Olive marker and stamping them on a corner of moss cardstock. Then I masked the animals and stamped the tree from an older demo-only set called Santa and Friends . My main image is the snowman stamp from the same set, colored with watercolor pencils and markers. I mounted this on bordering blue and then mounted it on torn, confetti-white cardstock that I had dry embossed with snowflakes.
I think when I get this posted I'm going to go back and add some Dazzling Diamond Snow, just for fun. There is very little embellishment. Just a brad from the Vintage Brad Collection. I tried using some silver cord... but it was just too much for my personality. :)
Now - if anyone actually reads this blog! - if you haven't already done so, you need to visit my downline's blog. Why am I saying this! Once you've seen hers, you'll never come back here!! Her work is absolutely incredible and professional. Besides which, it makes you want to buy everything in the catalog! :) LOL Tell her I sent you! She's been blogging for three months and has had 100,000 views. Can you imagine?? Here's the link...
Enjoy!! Maybe I'll have to have a drawing soon too... Just to see if anyone is out there! Have a good weekend! See you on Monday!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Tricia, I read your blog everyday. I know I am only one person but I am trying to spread the word for you.

Angie said...

Okay so I checked out your friends blog and you are right it is awesome. Does she stamp for the catalog? Anyway I'll still check out your site because your cards are something I could actually do. I mean that as a compliment to both you and your friend. I hope that is how it came across. Anyway. Keep up the good work.

Shannon Smith said...

Hi Tricia, this is your former campus daughter (Shannon McMillen). I enjoy seeing your cards. My mom, sister and I are in a stampers 10 group in Wausau, WI and having tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tricia! I was just checking to see what you'd been doing this weekend! Ü Your snowman card is great--that little diamond-shaped brad is just the right touch of embellishment. TFS!