Monday, November 20, 2006

Come to the Stable



Tonight's card uses a "faux wood" technique for the background. It is SO easy!!! :) Using my reinkers, I put 3 drops of Caramel, 1 drop of Cocoa and 1 drop of Chocolate Chip on the top of a plastic stamp storage box. I took an old $ store toothbrush and rubbed it in the reinkers and then started rubbing it across my page the way I wanted the "grain" of the wood to go. Dark spots are ok... they make it look more authentic. When I had my "wood" inked as I liked I used a ruler and drew lines for "boards" and squiggly lines and dots to look like jagged ends and nails.

For my main image I used an old SU set called Gift of Love inked with a Chocolate Chip marker and overlaid with Linen inked with caramel and sponged the edges with a brown sponge. I used Wire Works that I unearthed from the back of one of my drawers and the star brad is one that I picked up at JoAnns'. I couldn't decide if a saying would help or detract, so I just left it. I can always add one later!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: