Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thanksgiving Treats

Looking for a quick gift idea? How about this little project? It could hold tea bags, hot chocolate mix... even gift cards!! First, make an origami cup from an 8.5" x 8.5" piece of cardstock. Need help? Check out this site
www.netguides.org.uk/guides/origami/Cup.html. When your cup is complete, open it up and stamp the front and back flaps. (I used Lovely as a Tree and Rust ink.) Then put your cup back together, leaving the back flap up.
The image on the little tag used two stamps from Little Somethings. I stamped the acorn, masked it, and then stamped my leaf. I watercolored them using my markers and a watercolor brush, then mounted them on a little piece of Olive. The tag is Close to Cocoa cardstock punched with my Tag Punch. I used a square eyelet to finish it off, threaded it with Linen Thread and taped it to the inside of my little pouch. Voila! All done!
Thank you so much, those of you who have left comments! It's nice to know that someone is looking at the projects! :) Have a great day!

2 comments:

Renee V. said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I had a wonderful visit! You've done a nice job with it and I've saved your to my favorites.
Your treat holder is adorable and I can't wait to try it out for myself.
Have a stamp happy day!
Renee

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Tricia! (And I was lucky enough to get one of these!!Ü)