Friday, October 13, 2006

Regal Thanks

Greetings everyone!

How did you do with the challenge from yesterday?? I can't wait to hear from you!

I decided to share my regals card next, because it was my girls' favorite. I stamped a folded piece of Burgundy cardstock with the Houndstooth Background stamp. (I would really like to get the Canvas and Linen Backgrounds, as well. They seem to add texture without being overbearing.) I cut and distressed a piece of Artichoke cardstock for my center strip & used a little more of my Moss gingham grosgrain to tie it off. My image - the wheelbarrow from Love Ya Bunches - was stamped with black ink on a piece of Ivory Naturals cardstock. After using my inkpads and a paintbrush to watercolor, I used a little yellow pastel to highlight the edges, mounted this on the new Elegant Eggplant, added a couple of eyelets, and Viola! my card was finished! :) My favorite eyelet tip - punch the holes for double eyelets with the double hole punch. They are always evenly spaced that way!

Thanks for reading. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning, Tricia--Cute card! If it's a choice between Canvas and Linen, I use Linen much more than I use Canvas now. . . It's unobtrusive enough that it can be paired with pretty much anything--even other backgrounds. Come try mine if you wish!

Jenny said...

Hi! We found your blog from your comment on the St. Clair's site! Stop by ours sometime and check out pictures of our new baby boy! Hope all is well with you guys!